The Lead Mobile developer is responsible for designing, developing and integrating new or existing mobile platform software features as part of the software development lifecycle which includes: Designing and developing features for Android and linux-based platforms based on system design documents; integrating and testing features with Omnitracs sub-systems; debugging and testing integration issues with mobile software; troubleshooting integration; effective communications between cross-functional teams; Automotive Diagnostics and Telematics Applications based on J1939, OBDII, KWP2000, UDS protocols
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Translates business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
• Develops, modifies, and implements Mobile applications according to business requirements using:
Android/Java Development, C/C++, Android SDK, Android NDK, low foot print OS like OpenRTOS, MICROC, Device drivers etc
• Object oriented coding, performance tuning, and unit testing
• Performs unit testing and software code development (including automated unit testing)
• Familiar with appropriate standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC) and applies them appropriately
• Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
• Engages effectively in time management and prioritization of workload
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned by management
• Coordinates efforts with other Host and mobile teams
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• EXPERIENCE: 8 years of applicable Software Development experience
• Experience developing mobile telematics applications based on J1939, OBDII, KWP2000, UDS protocol stacks
• Experience with Android and embeeded Linux platform development environments
• Familiarity with vehicle simulation/capture tools such as Vector Canalyzer/Canoe.
• Familiarity with working on various microprocessors( MX6 / ARM Cortex family, real-time embedded microprocessors preferably NXP LPC 2378/1769/1833 family)
• Familiarity with Automotive IVI, Automotive Diagnostics and Telematics is preferred
• Proficiency in Java and C++ development language and tools
• Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
• Knowledge of interface-based design concepts
• Working knowledge of code control systems such as Perforce, git and similar systems
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to strategize in a variety of project areas
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask, coordinate, facilitate and guide a variety of disciplines such as product management, program management system integration and testing and operations
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.