The Senior Tool Engineer serves as a technical resource on the DevOps team as the owner of the suite of performance testing tools used across a broad swath of technology lanes.
This role involves working closely with product team members; program and product managers across multiple projects in order to identify the performance profile, analyze and select the right tool and develop simulators when needed.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles in C#, C or Java.
- Proficient in performance testing tools such as JMeter, Performance Center or LoadRunner.
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.). GRPC is desirable.
- Strong knowledge in SQL Database such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL,d etc.
- Related DevOps tools experience (e.g. Jira, Jenkins, Splunk, etc) is desirable.
- Experience managing the installation, maintenance and support of testing tools
- Understanding of architecture and design across multiple platforms
- Experience in execution, analysis, interpretation and presentation of performance testing results to deliver highly scalable projects that meet business objectives
- Desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work under minimal supervision