- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; Associates with proven work experience
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high technical support role; minimum of 2 years’ experience managing technical teams/engineering level
- The Engineering Support Manager will manage a team of Tier 2 technical support staff who are responsible for responding to and resolving technical client facing issues, identifying & driving systemic improvements, developing support tools and processes. Management of the team will include measuring the performance of support staff against established benchmarks, ensuring all client interactions are handled in an efficient and quality focused manner, and providing coaching and feedback to improve team performance. The Engineering Support Manager will build relationships with the leaders of Product Management, Engineering, QA, Customer Service and 3rdParty providers. In addition, there will be a requirement to in the development of strategic initiatives and will be accountable for the tactical implementation of those initiatives within their teams.
- Driver a self-managing and collaborative team
- Set clear goals, delegate tasks, set deadlines, and oversee day-to-day team operations
- Monitor team performance and report metrics
- Provide mentorship and guidance to foster individual and team growth
- Maintain understanding of current incident states and solutions
- Monitor, oversee and regulate open customer cases throughout the issue lifecycle to ensure compliance with documented service level agreements.
- Identify, highlight, and document best practices through continuous assessment, and recommending process and product recommendations to the leadership team.
- Conduct performance reviews for the team, identifying development opportunities and offering coaching and mentoring in areas that require improvement
- Provide guidance and serve as an escalation point to the team and serve as liaison with other organizations
- Function independently and provide recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Understand and participate in developing financial targets, budgeting, product, and business planning.
- Work closely with other departments (eg. Product development, sales, professional services) to provide feedback, develop processes, and ensure a great customer experience.
- Manage the performance of team against all established tech support benchmarks and metrics
- Conduct regularly scheduled team and one-on-one meetings with direct reports to address employee issues, provide updates regarding performance, and give direction regarding company and department policies and procedures
- Ability to learn proprietary software in effort to provide technical guidance
- Develop and implement tactical plans for achieving strategic initiatives
- Proven experience in incident management
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Schedule flexibility due to 24/7 environment
- Previous management experience with accountability for budget achievement, personnel management, and departmental performance.
- 2+ years of experience providing technical support for a SaaS product
- 5+ years of experience working within a team in a leadership role
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment and provide leadership when operating in a crisis situation with customers
- Strong customer support skills and ability to manage customer satisfaction
- Proven ability in delivering results in a high-performance customer support organization
- Team oriented and able to build and maintain strong inter-team and inter-departmental relationships
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of business partners and ability to translate technical details to any audience.
- Ability to train and technically develop team members
- Flexibility and creativity in successfully managing multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects and collaborate with groups and customers of various technical skill levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; ability to take initiative on new projects and assignments
- Ability to prioritize projects and escalate issues to the appropriate parties as necessary
- Encourage adherence to process and provide change initiatives when necessary.
- Ability to travel
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed