Our Quality Assurance Engineers’ primary responsibility is ensuring the quality of Omnitrac’s SaaS and mobile products. This role will require learning software testing skills, for web applications, mobile applications, and hardware devices. Most importantly, this role requires a high attention to detail and analytical approach to solving problems.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan, Create and execute manual test cases in lab and field environment
- Collect data, logs, and observations from devices as part of daily testing and performing root cause analysis for the data captured during drive test
- Assist in test planning and estimation
- Work with Android, Windows and Linux embedded devices
- Reproducing and clearly documenting any issues found during verification and validation.
- Creates and review software test plans and validation procedures.
- Modify and recreate scenarios that would happen in real world
- Maintain and review defect backlog and drive prioritization efforts.
- Conducts root-cause analysis for any critical defects released to customer, or as needed to improve processes.
- Responsible for testing deployments to beta and production.
- Responsible for adding to existing automation suites, as well as maintaining existing scripts.
- Participate in Triage process, reproducing field issues and provide feedback to Support Specialists.
- Assist in training other departments when updated and new products enter beta.
- Review product documentation for consistency with delivered application features.
- Analyzes system errors and suggest corrective measures.
- Propose enhancements to the software development lifecycle as appropriate.
- Identifies risks and issues proactively and drives creative solutions.
- Misc. quality assurance activities as needed.