OEM Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and integrating new or existing mobile platform software features as part of the software development lifecycle which includes: Designing and developing features for Android and Linux-based platforms based on system design documents; integrating and testing features with Omnitracs sub-systems; debugging and testing integration issues with mobile software; troubleshooting integration; effective communications between cross-functional teams; Automotive Diagnostics and Telematics Applications based on J1939, OBDII, KWP2000, UDS protocols
- Experience with Android and embedded Linux platform development environments
- Experience in multi-threaded programming in Java on mobile devices
- Experience in multi-threaded programming in C++ on mobile devices
- Strong fundamentals in computer science regarding data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming etc.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis and design and experience working with design patterns to build modern systems
- Familiarity with J1939, OBDII, KWP2000, UDS protocol stacks
- Familiarity with vehicle simulation/capture tools such as Vector Canalyzer/Canoe.
- Experience working with project tracking tools like Jira
- Experience working with source control systems like perforce, GIT
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Desired 3+ years
- B.S in computer science or equivalent.