Lead Facilities Specialist
With minimal supervision, the Facilities Specialist oversees specific functional duties and responsibilities associated with facilities maintenance, including site coordination of activities and site request for building management issues. This responsibility will also include compliance, safety and security controls of the site, workstation coordination for moves and building related projects. This position may lead an operations project or multi-step task as well as support facilities site projects led by the project management team. The incumbent, utilizing strong verbal and written communication, acts as a liaison to the property management company, vendors and is responsible for communication to mid-level or senior management for all service needs.
1. Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections to ensure the safety and security of all persons in and around Omnitracs facilities. Daily accountable for site safety, security and compliance.
2. Achieves building security objectives by controlling access to all Omnitracs facilities for staff, vendors and visitors. Performs regular audits of all building access systems.
3. Manages the maintenance and preservation of building systems including mechanical, fire/life safety, elevators, etc. Identifies and works with the property manager, outside contractors and vendors of equipment to service building systems. Ensures that cost and quality of services, goods and supplies are in the best interest of the Company.
4. Documents and maintains files related to system and building repairs, maintenance, permits, utilities and other facilities related items
5. Manages contractor and vendor relationships ensuring delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met. Obtains quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
6. Engages in planning, coordinating and budgeting of installation and refurbishment projects including but not limited to furniture installation, construction projects, office restacks and audio/ video installations. Allocates and manages facility space for maximum efficiency. Regularly performs audits of space allocation software.
7. Develops and implements cost reduction initiatives and administers best practice processes to increase efficiencies in facilities management.
8. Ensures compliance with building and city codes including but not limited to fire-code, OSHA and ADA regulations. Plans schedules and documents evacuation drills.
9. Develops and documents facilities procedures to support consistency and quality of work performed. Ensures that team members are aware of and follow standard operations practices as set forth.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES EDUCATION
A proficient knowledge and understanding of business, as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate’s Degree in business or a related field is desired, but not required.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE: The ability to effectively perform a variety of facilities and purchasing support functions, as normally obtained through a minimum of 8 years experience in a corporate facility support environment is required. This should include experience coordinating office personnel moves and other facilities-related activities and the experience in the evaluation/selection of vendors and the processing of purchasing invoices.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints is required. Excellent organizational skill and the demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate, plan, monitor and track projects and work in process is required A good understanding of the scope and requirements of the project including scope, project objectives, as well as the general role and function of team members/vendors is required to effectively plan and coordinate project activities. Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels. A moderate level of analytical and problem-solving skills is required. Requires the ability to be available to work overtime when requested and respond to facility emergencies in off hours. Valid driver’s license and the ability for travel, as needed, is required.
EQUIPMENT: Proficient skills with a personal computer and a strong knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel, is required. Experience with web-based Security, HVAC, and Space Allocation software applications is strongly desired. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS Occasional travel to attend training or meetings may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS Incumbent must have the ability to stand, sit, stoop, bend and reach to perform work on desktop applications as described. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 40 lbs., and function in an environment with constant interruptions. The nature of this job requires considerable walking as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described