Senior Software Engineer - HOST
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for playing a leading role on a team focused on the development of software used in Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. This person analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements. Using Microsoft C# .Net Development programming language and web technologies, will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define systems requirements and/or necessary modifications. Experience in object oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. Knowledge of logical data modeling. The role will be about 75% development and 25% system management and support. This person must also have good communication and team building skills, and must be able to participate in software design discussions and guide the architecture of the solution based on good object oriented design concepts, and both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Translates business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
· Develops, modifies, and implements Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements including:
· Logical data modeling design and implementation
· Object oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing
· Research, extraction and entry of complex data
· Reviews technical requirements to ensure compliance with business requirements
· Performs proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)
· Familiar with appropriate standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security) and applies them appropriately
· Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
· Participates in peer code reviews
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.