Do you have a passion for achieving results? Are you known as the ‘go to’ person when a highly complex, almost impossible initiative must be implemented? If this sounds like you, then join Omnitracs as a Lead. Agile Program Manager and help us define technology for the transportation industry. As the Lead Agile Program Manager, you will work with highly skilled technology teams to implement best-of-class development and technology objectives and being part of an innovative and collaborative environment.
The Lead Agile Program Manager will ensure efficient and successful product delivery by driving technical readiness and schedule across multiple platforms and programs. The successful candidate will have extensive experience driving complex platform and application level integrations with the technical background necessary to understand and manage dependencies. Possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, epic communication and documentation expertise necessary to champion program initiatives, drive priorities, articulate issues and motivate teams to deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides direction and support to team members & cross functional team in all aspects of the program
- Focuses on integrating multiple platform deliverables, dependencies, key releases and timing with business needs
- Drives problem solving activities with key stakeholders (business, product, engineering, support & product introduction)
- Manages and resolves conflict around resources, schedules, risks, scope and other program level issues
- Prepares and delivers program status updates and presentations to project stakeholders and senior management
- Contributes to the development and adoption of APM (Agile Program Management Office) methodology and processes and acts as Agile Program Management advocate throughout the organization
Skills & Other Requirements
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project/program management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques and the ability to apply that knowledge to set standards, propose policy and coach others. Experience with software & hardware development desired, preferably in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills; Ability to work in a self-directed environment and drive multiple projects with varying requirements and deadlines
- Proven experience in working with matrixed teams across multiple departments and levels and the ability to drive success through others
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and drives alignment
- Ability to bring structure to one’s work and the work of others and organize high levels of detail and multiple activities/tasks under pressure
- Operational knowledge of transportation logistics, transportation management systems (TMS) and/or trucking industry a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Excel required;
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools
- Experience with Jira a plus
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field; advanced degree preferred
- CERTIFICATION: Certificate in Project/Program Management preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years’ Program Management experience with an emphasis on engineering development activities including cross-functional collaboration with product management, marketing, finance, procurement, hardware and software component development, system integration, testing approvals and production readiness; experience with agile methodologies required.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.