At Omnitracs, the direction is foundational to our company. It’s the force that drives our business. Our direction is helping our customers find theirs. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our fuel, our engine, and our most profound technical challenge. Helping our clients find their direction requires that we embrace any challenge to remain on the leading edge of innovation, that we welcome teamwork and collaboration to deliver the highest quality technology solutions and services, that we always act with integrity and that we remain active leaders in our local and global communities.
We are looking for talented, innovative people with a strong sense of direction - who are committed to not merely following the path ahead but creating a new one.
Need a Full Stack Microservices developer who will take a key role on our teams. Full Stack Developers are responsible for developing and designing front end/backend architecture, utilizing the DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines, ensuring the responsiveness of applications.
This individual is expected to be able to manage and execute software and system development lifecycle activities, build operational procedures, troubleshoot and communicate to all technical, business stakeholders and working alongside product, graphic designers, IT and have knowledge in all stages of software development.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Developing back end website applications.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Designing and developing Microservices/APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 yrs. of Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role
- 1-2 yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with FE frameworks specifically Angular.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries e.g., Sass, Less, webpack, Bulma
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Gulp, or Bower
- FE testing tools like Cypressv
- 1-2 yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with server side frameworks/languages specifically SpringBoot/Java
- Experience with design and construction of REST API
- Knowledge of gRPC is a plus
- 1+ yrs. of experience or equivalent skills with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies such as AWS RDS, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins) and deployment strategies
- Experience with implementing tooling for various stages of DevSecOps
- Code Quality, Testing, Resiliency Patterns, Observability (Monitoring, Tracing, Logging, Alerting)
- Source control with Git, and code hosts such as Github, BitBucket
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Openshift etc), and configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Understanding of Containerization with Docker, and related orchestration tools such as OpenShift, Kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge/Experience with RedHat OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of CloudNative applications and fundamentals around building them.
- Security-focused mindset, in addition to experience with security-oriented tooling, threat modeling, etc.
- Participated in the Scrum based Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of Disclipined Agile Delivery (DAD) is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.