Lead Pricing Strategy Manager
Omnitracs, a leading provider of fleet management, logistics, mobility and telematics solutions, is looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as Lead Pricing Strategy Manager for its product portfolio. We are seeking an employee that is action-oriented and enjoys working hard! Someone that is willing to jump in and problem-solve. Applicants should have strong business and analytical acumen to develop pricing strategies, packaging, and promotions across Omnitracs market segments. Candidates should have demonstrated high competency managing pricing models for enterprise SaaS products, services, and hardware.
The Lead Pricing Strategy Manager will lead pricing strategy formation, implementation, and management to enhance profitability and increase enterprise value. They must understand the customer impact of Omnitracs solutions to deliver a value-based pricing model that scales from small customers to large enterprises, and across varied market segments. He/she must be able to articulate the changing nature of our business mix including products, markets, segments, and economic / commercial models and gain alignment with the executive management team.
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
The Lead Pricing Strategy Manager owns pricing strategy and the ongoing management of product packages and SKUs.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for maintaining an in-depth and broad knowledge of Omnitracs solutions specifically used for global SKU and pricing management.
- Lead the pricing analysis for new products working alongside product managers. Develop a pricing strategy, a pricing model, and a price list.
- Serve as the Team Lead on SKU / asset management in CPQ tool.
- Maintain records of approvals and pertinent information concerning exception.
- Participate in Deal Desk; serve as point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, and revenue policies for addressing obstacles to deal closure and other sales escalations
Execution and Measurement
- Translate pricing decisions into clear business outcomes, driving communication and working cross-functionally to operationalize
- Partner with the product, marketing, finance, legal, engineering, customer success and sales teams to continuously evaluate pricing model(s) and results against our market and competition
- Own creation and maintenance of accurate pricing policy documentation, SKU creation and price book management; including alignment with ongoing product lifecycle activities
- Deliver training to Pricing Council and key stakeholders (e.g. sales, sales operations, deal desk) on pricing policy, changes, and releases supporting product launches
- Actively engage in discussions involving market research, trends and opportunities, competitive landscape, business models and GTM strategies to assist in business case development.
- Develop and recommend pricing promotions and bundles that increase sales win-rates, share of wallet, and product profitability
EDUCATION: BS/BA in business, finance, economics, or a related field
- 5+ years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in pricing management, contract administration and/or sales operations / sales management
- Experience working with Product, Sales and Sales Operations teams to implement process improvements
- 5 years of experience in Go-To-Market and Product Pricing in a Cloud/IT technology company or management consulting
- Deep understanding of the business value drivers of Cloud/SaaS products
- Proven track record of working with and challenging the thinking of a Product organization on initiatives related Product Monetization and Commercialization
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA desired
- Value Pricing or Value Selling expertise
- Possess a high degree of initiative, organization and drive
- Strong analytical acumen with a foundation in financial modeling and data analysis
- Ability to communicate analytical concepts and recommendations that are easily consumed by management
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong and quick learner, ability to understand both technical and business needs
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints
- Familiarity with Cloud/IT infrastructure technology
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across Product and GTM/Sales organizations
- Proficient with ERP and CRM systems such as Oracle and Salesforce.com
- Experienced with reporting, visualization, and analytics tools
- Go to expert for pricing
- Brainstorms constructively with others
- Leads and structures strategic conversations
- Drives pricing strategy