The Senior Billing Specialist prepares monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to facilitate the accounting close; records month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing journal entries; supports intercompany transactions and reconciliations; supports product evaluation and customer retention programs; assists in customer invoice disputes; assists in the day to day operations with the billing manager; and ensures accuracy and compliance of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and internal policies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Month-end, quarter-end and year end closing journal entries
- Coordinate weekly billing cycles and issuance of system generated invoices
- Research and explain monthly variances
- Ensures that the billing team is processing invoices in a timely and accurate manner daily
- Maintains a working knowledge of objectives established by upper levels of management and coaching the billing team to successfully attain those objects
- Seeks operational improvements in the billing and accounting area while increasing cost effectiveness. Recommend departmental specific procedures and implements those that are approved.
- Maintains a customer centric attitude and relationship with operations personnel at all levels within the Company
- Preparation and maintenance of manual AR invoices
- Work with Sales and Customer Service groups to support product evaluation and customer retention programs
- Ensures that all email communications are responded to within a timely manner
- Assists with the day to day operations of the billing team and billing activities as directed by the Billing Manager
- Special and ongoing projects as required
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 3-5-year experience
- Knowledge of general accounting functions and practices
- Knowledge of accounting software principles
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, retain and apply knowledge
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, good judgment and logical decision-making ability with a hands-on approach to assigned tasks
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.