The Software Engineer II is responsible for playing a leading role on a team focused on the development of software used in Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. This person analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements. Using Microsoft C# .Net Development programming language and web technologies, will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define systems requirements and/or necessary modifications. Experience in object oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing. Knowledge of logical data modeling. The role will be about 75% development and 25% system management and support.
- Translates business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
- Develops, modifies, and implements Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements including:
Logical data modeling design and implementationObject oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testingResearch, extraction and entry of complex dataReviews technical requirements to ensure compliance with business requirementsPerforms proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)Familiar with appropriate standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security) and applies them appropriatelyParticipates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of softwareParticipates in peer code reviewsMay work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externallyEngages effectively in self-directed time management and prioritization of workloadPerform such other duties as may be assigned by management
- Microsoft C# .Net Development
- ASP.Net MVC 3.0+ framework
- WCF (REST/SOAP) web services
- MSSQL Server
- Open Source Technologies
- EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- EXPERIENCE: +3 years developing and maintaining automated tests
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of applicable Software Development experience
- Experience in logical data modeling
- Experience in Microsoft C# .Net Development
- Experience in ASP.Net MVC 3.0+ framework
- Experience in WCF (REST/SOAP) web services
- Experience in Database management system
- Knowledge of Open Source Technologies
- Familiar with using UML in document design
- Knowledge of developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Transportation industry knowledge desired but not required
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Approaches software development using industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
- Know how to effectively engage in self-directed time management and prioritization of workload
Ability to work independently to develop new skills as needed to support new products and applications