At Omnitracs, the direction is foundational to our company. It’s the force that drives our business. Our direction is helping our customers find theirs. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our fuel, our engine, and our most profound technical challenge. Helping our clients find their direction requires that we embrace any challenge to remain on the leading edge of innovation, that we welcome teamwork and collaboration to deliver the highest quality technology solutions and services, that we always act with integrity and that we remain active leaders in our local and global communities.
We are looking for talented, innovative people with a strong sense of direction - who are committed to not merely following the path ahead but creating a new one.
· Lead and manage cable assembly design, test, and sustaining engineering activities.
· Manage all drafting tasks with the drafting contractor.
· Check all mechanical drawings and artwork prior to release.
· Processing Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs), Lifecycle Changes and Deviations. Ensuring team members review and approve in a timely manner.
· Cable Supplier audit and management.
· OEM Vehicle Interface Lead and Support
· Failure Analysis of factory failures and customer returns.
· Component Engineering. Research components to support new designs and design changes.
· Packaging design. Work with product management and team to design packaging for new products. Coordinate testing of packaging with internal environmental test laboratory.
· Assist in developing policies, procedures and methods in support of ISO-9001 quality system
· Participate in Engineering Design Reviews and help drive the hardware design to meet all cable assembly design and product safety requirements
· Lead and direct team to ensure all design, reliability, and quality requirements met
· Ownership of and responsibility for achieving cable assembly design requirements, constraints and reliability.
· Schedule-driven and aware, while maintaining the Integrity of Quality position
· Prioritize along critical path and meet project milestones and deliverables
· Shows accountability and ownership of key responsibilities.
· Track and present design metrics.
· Develop and present technical presentations.
· Detailed and thorough.
· Problem solver.
· Team Player. Communicates well with suppliers and service providers.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
· BSME or higher degree with 5+ years of experience, both in New Product Introduction and Sustaining or 10+ years of applicable work experience
· Deep understanding and knowledge of Cable Assembly and Interconnect design related to telematics products.
· Proficient in interconnect electrical and mechanical design and analysis
· Proficient with Agile PDM, Acrobat Pro, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point
· Experience in utilization of Industry standards highly desirable: ASME Y14.100, ISTA-2A, IPC/WHMA-A-620C, SAE J1128, SAE J1455 SAE J1939,
· Superior verbal and written communications skills.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.