Senior Software Engineer (Android)
Role: Work as part of the mobile platform team to help build and customize the android OS for custom hardware. Be the liaison to the hardware team and vendors for device driver support.
Support specific OS needs from the app development team. Develop tools and utilities for enhancing the platform and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Solid understanding of Java, Android internals (OS architecture), ability to build OS, Android framework, Android SDK, NDK
- Ability to work with custom hardware and be able to port AOSP versions and customize appropriately.
- Strong Experience in multi-threaded programming in Java/C++ on mobile devices
- Strong fundamentals in computer science regarding data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming etc.
- Ability to ramp up quickly is a must.
- Experience working with project tracking tools like Jira
- Experience working with source control systems like perforce, GIT
Experience: Desired 5+ years
Education: B.S or M.S in computer science or equivalent.