The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst role can be based in San Diego, CA or Dallas, TX.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst focuses on strategic sourcing, vendor management and tactical procurement across a wide range of sourcing categories.
This role will be highly visible across Omnitracs, working with stakeholders throughout the organization, advising and directing on matters related to vendor selection, contracting, negotiations and contract lifecycle management.
This position builds relationships with Omnitracs business partners and vendors, be an expert in multiple indirect categories, including IT (Hardware, Software, SaaS, Services), HR, Facilities, Marketing, Engineering, etc., and exhibit a keen ability to successfully lead the sourcing and negotiation of complex deals on behalf of Omnitracs.
This individual will be responsible for providing deep subject matter expertise and best practices throughout Omnitracs on vendor management and procurement initiatives.
- Identify, obtain buy-in, and lead strategic sourcing initiatives, following a standard strategic sourcing methodology, that maximizes stakeholder value based upon business needs
- Lead key strategic sourcing initiatives, serving as a primary liaison between Legal, Finance, IT, project managers and other key stakeholders in the end-to-end strategic sourcing process including category analysis, supplier selection, and contract negotiation
- Manage the planning and launch of RFIs and RFPs (may leverage e-sourcing technology tools) Manage day-to-day tactical purchasing activities as well as strategic opportunities such drafting or editing contracts and statements of work
- Establish strong partnerships across the company to ensure active and early participation in vendor related matters as needed Provide rigorous analysis of spend data and industry dynamics to identify, prioritize, and launch sourcing initiatives
- Prepare and present category business cases – ability to address and Executive audience
- Develop relationship management strategies by which vendors are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (RFI/RFP, Scorecards, Performance Metrics, escalation/response processes, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with sourcing, procurement, and vendor MGMT
- 5+ year of experience understanding ERP/MRP, CRM and PRL systems
- MS Office proficient
- Advance Excel Skills – Creating models