At Omnitracs, the direction is foundational to our company. It’s the force that drives our business. Our direction is helping our customers find theirs. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our fuel, our engine, and our most profound technical challenge. Helping our clients find their direction requires that we embrace any challenge to remain on the leading edge of innovation, that we welcome teamwork and collaboration to deliver the highest quality technology solutions and services, that we always act with integrity and that we remain active leaders in our local and global communities.
We are looking for talented, innovative people with a strong sense of direction - who are committed to not merely following the path ahead but creating a new one. You’ll be a trusted member of high energy, tight-knit, creative team.
As one of our valued members of the team, you will be responsible for M SQL databases for high volume, mission-critical systems larger of both physical and cloud-hosted data center infrastructures. Using your experience, you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures, and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed.
We need for you to be able to analyze operational data and directs proof of technology to establish standards for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. We will look for you to use your interpersonal skills to partner and consult with varied technical, business projects, and management staff. If you are ready to make a career out of making a difference, then you are the person for this team.
- Responsibilities -
- Independently plan and develop complex Database solutions designs in support of the implementation of applications, network, compute, telephony, platform, and middleware.
- Architect the MS SQL environment to support application requirements Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned downtime.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Participate in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently before production releases.
- Establish and implement processes/automation, which ensures regular backups and recovery of databases. Automate and perform regular database maintenance.
- Perform Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation.
- Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Define hardware and software performance standards.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Qualifications -
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of systems engineering experience is required.
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of systems engineering experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT working on large scale projects.
- 7+ years in a DBA role including at least 5 years of SQL experience and Application DBA experience Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development Demonstrated experience in data modeling tools. Familiarity with Data Warehousing, ETL tools/processes, and streaming data for Operational Data Stores Background with advanced working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux/IBM /Windows), hardware platforms (Dell Systems/x86) and virtualization technologies (VMWare/Dell)