Lead PostGre SQL Eng
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Independently plan and develop complex Database solutions designs in support of the implementation of applications, network, compute, telephony, platform, and middleware.
- Architect the PostgreSQL environment to support application requirements, including the use of read replicas, number of connections, managing concurrency, etc.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned downtime.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Participate in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently before production release.
- Establish and implement processes/automation, which ensures regular backups and recovery of databases.
- Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
- Perform Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation.
- Support complex cloud applications.
- Establish replication, as needed, to/from PostgreSQL instances
- Own and maintain technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Define hardware and software performance standards.
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of systems engineering experience is required. In lieu of degree, 7 years of systems engineering experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT working on large scale projects.
- 7+ years in a DBA role including at least 5 years of PostgreSQL experience and Application DBA experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development
- Familiarity with replication to/from PostgreSQL and other RDBMS’s
- Demonstrated experience with standard PostgreSQL and several data modeling tools.
- Experience working with Amazon RDS including Amazon Aurora
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing, ETL tools/processes, and streaming data for Operational Data Stores
- Background with advanced working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux/IBM /Windows), hardware platforms (Dell Systems/x86) and virtualization technologies (VMWare/Dell)
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.